Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I return to Epics after many months of TRing.

Von 5 EN, Von 6 EH. It's new to me.

I've never, ever seen the giant iron golum fight so long. Usualy he drops instantly. But on EN he was punching back for a quite some time. Is there a taller humanoid in Ebberon? I can't think of any....

Anyway Von 5 was really fast, and Von 6 was the fastest I've ever seen. I don't understand how everyone runs so much faster than me. Is there some sort of Epic destiny or does everyone splash monk? barbarian? I don't know. Anyway the speed difference really showed up running to ice base and back.

But once I was inside I had an unexpected surprise. Our leader said to stay in front of Velah if you have either more than 650 HP or Evasion. (I've got both).

The fire breath did absolutely no damage to me thanks to evasion. Has Velah's breath always been so harmless? I thought she used to pass out a special debuff that made the second blast do 1000+ damage. Anyway, the fight lasted longer but was much less dangerous than I remembered. I got nothin but an Epic Raid Token, which I'll swap for an Epic Dungeon Token so I can get a TR heart.

I'm happy to be 1.87 tokens closer to TRing again but this sort of speed run left me cold. I didn't particularly enjoy it, however efficient it was. Does that make sense? It's not that it was too easy (since it's too hard to do on my own) but I dunno. I guess I'm just a TR guy instead of an Epic guy. Or rather I like dealing with the chaos of a sloppy run. Oh well, I'll be PUGing in the Halls of Shan-to-Kor soon enough! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment