Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I am back. Again! :D

This week my newborn daughter learned to commando crawl. She lies on her tummy and scoots around in search of things to bite. That's given me the freedom to get back into the game.

Before, all she did was submit bug reports about how everything bite worthy was too far away.

Baby: Wah! (The singing fox plush toy is too far)
Baby: Waaah! (Ceiling fan cannot be reached)
Baby: Waa! (AI problem: I hit Papa but he won't fetch scissors.)
Baby: Wa! (Another stuck spot! Who designed this quest anyway? Fire them!!!)
Baby: Wah! (My depth perception isn't fully developed so I'm grasping at something 5 feet away.)
Me: Working as intended. You look like you're using the force. Totaly cute.

In game, things are pretty much how I remember them. My Rogue/Pali is still nigh unkillable, but my DPS feels like a huge step down from my previous two lives (TWF ranger & TWF paladin). But the big change I forgot, and was pleasantly surprised by, is that I've got an upgraded Head of Good Fortune from Reaver's Fate in the Gianthold. The Head is not a big deal for most people because most people have a Minos Helmet from Necro4. But I don't have a Minos helmet and therefore, I've always had trouble slotting Heavy Fortification. And even if I had a Minos I wouldn't wear it because my ConOpp greensteel is a helmet.

The upgraded Head of Good fortune solves the Heavy Fort problem that for me by putting the Heavy Fort in the trinket slot, which frees up my ring, necklace, belt slots and/or Dragontouched rune for cooler stuff.

PUGs have been pretty accepting of my gimpy ways. I haven't been called out on my humorously low DPS, but I did get some admiration for surving a TPK in Pray the Hunter and tanking redname Rockslide while the casters lined up a clean kill.

Goals: I'm not sure what I'm doing with a tank. None of the quests I'm doing really needs a tank for anything, and I don't have much Intimidate gear anyway. If I was going to stick with this build, I would want to get more intimidate and hate. I'm looking at the Circle of Hate from Necro4, but I've never run Accursed Ascention, so can't anticipate how much of a grind that could be.

My other goal is to do something about my Madstone Shield from Reavers. If I get a sigil I could upgrade it, but honestly I'm tired of looking at that ugly hunk of crystal. I don't know which shield has the stats to replace it though.

And then my overarching strategic plan for my next TR? I'm not sure. The unkillability and AFK-friendlyness has been perfect for this phase of my family life, but I'd kinda like to try something with more fight. I'll probably get my third (and final) Paladin life, but with a really aggressive focus on traps and dps. Perhaps even try some deep multiclasses.

I'm also nearly ready to do another Greensteel, so perhaps a Rad semitar for backstabbing? Lots of cool gear and options at this point.

Oh and lastly, I pulled my second +3 STR tome. It was unbound so I swapped it for a +3 DEX. Now I've got +3 STR, +3 DEX, +3 CON, and everything else is +2.

Oh right, the new endgame. I'm totaly out of the loop on that. That should be a fun surprise. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment