Sunday, October 28, 2012

LEVEL 20: Third time's the charm!

Today I hit level 20 for the third time. Here's a pic of the moment it happened in The Mindsunder. The last few levels are really a slog, lucky for me Mabar was delayed for a +31% Heroic XP Boo-nus.

I'm very happy with what my Defender of Siberys Paladin Axe & Shield tank has become, but the journey here was really tough. I abandoned my original goal of staying Pure Paladin -- the importance of evasion cannot be overstated! Evasion is really that good!

I took Rogue levels so I could dump 16 skill points into UMD. I'm not impressed with the results. Honestly I'd rather depend on the Paladin's arsenal of healing and a few good clickies than try to deal with all the UMD stuff.

My first paladin life was much easier. The great DPS from Two Weapon Fighting made it a quick and fun. That said, I'm really enjoying the durability of shield and evasion this time around.

For my third and final Paladin life, I'm leaning towards yet another Paladin 18 / Rogue 2, but this time I'll forget about UMD and focus on traps and open lock. Those are very important skills for the kinds of PUGs I end up running with.

That said, I'm not sure if I want to do my Paladin life next. The additional +5% healing amp is tempting, but I'm gonna miss playing Paladin when I'm done, especially since the enhancement pass is scheduled for later this year. I'm not sure if I'll stay at cap for a while or try something different entirely. I'd like to try Druid, Monk, or even Artificer if I can get the house C favor. Until then I'm going to be farming Epic dungeon tokens and messing with my gear.

The biggest change I foresee is putting my Tharne's Goggles in the bank. My intimidate is so reliable I never get a chance to benefit from the sneak attack damage. As an easy swap I'm going to try to find +15 intimidate goggles to free up a ring slot (where my intimidate is currently). I'm also toying with the idea of a steam guard item for the solid fog. Supposedly GS solid fog is better and longer lasting than other clickies.

This life felt really rushed because of the Stone of XP. First I rushed into it by TRing before I had everything farmed. Then I rushed to reach level 8 before the stone of XP expired forever. And now I'm hurrying to grab up all the easy favor I skipped.

Level 20, third time's the charm!

2 comments:

  1. I foresee I will be asking you for advice when I TR my barbarian to get paladin lives ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to comment on your brief evasion statement. Ive come to the conclusion that without evasion your a dead man. I find it sad that there are barbarians and fighters who have twice the Hp as my toons and yet they die far quick while also needing far more heals draining the clerics SP.I'm no ddo pro I just dont understand why would you make a melee character who cant move :)

    ReplyDelete