Monday, October 15, 2012

Learn from my fail: Stormcleave outpost

My LFM said "Stormcleave Outpost. Favor, no XP. Know trapazoids and love the color brown."

I got a few tells "lol" they said, and then suddenly an entire party of grumpy favor grinders.

"When are we starting?" "Can we start now?" "Hello? Lets go" "Start now?" "Hurry please" All this in the time it took me to respond to the first question by typing "y"

And by the time I had run from the top of my guildship to Stormcleave outpost they had cleared much of the quest. So I hurried along as best I could while the warforged sorcs hasted trails of anhiliation through the outpost. Those poor giants never stood a chance.

But despite all the speed and firepower, we somehow failed to activate one of the half dozen pillars -- or so DDO would have us believe.

After several miniutes of checking and double checking all of the pilars, the grumpy grinders cursed DDO's buggyness and quit the party.

I left and rescued some noobs from Dreaming Dark casual. Then I returned to Stormcleave Outpost with the same LFM. This time I didn't get any tells or party members, so for fun I decided to solo it ninja style.

Basicaly, using my ToD necklace for three invisibilitys per rest to bypass all the mobs.

It worked better than I expected. There's a long list of things that do or don't break invisibility that I never bothered to memorize. But I was elated to see that activating pillars didn't break my invisibility. And so I came up with a new self imposed challenge: I'd try to get all of them before my invisibility ran out.

Not so tough on a tanky paladin with jet propultion boots, but when I finished, I discovered to my horror that NONE of the pilars registered as activated. I tried an experiment but dreaded the outcome.

Hypothisis: Activate schmactivate. It doesn't count unless you kill the mefits.

Result: True. What now zerger?

So I trudged around looking for Mefits. As luck would have it, I never found the last Mefit. Some sorc hasted around until he found it and sqashed it for me.

Got my favor and learned something new.

...stupid learning. I hate it.

1 comment:

  1. We learned a lot too last sunday on that quest. 2 wipes in the boss final fight.

    ReplyDelete