Friday, October 26, 2012

Non-Mabar fun.

(say) Me:"Today I'm playing Mabar!
(say) Kids: "But..."
(say) Me: "Mabar!"
(say) Wife: "Let's go..."
(say) Me: "MABAR!"

So they left me alone except to bring me spiced coffee and hand drawn crayon art of the spooooky gibbering mouther.

Of course I *COULD* have told them that Maybar was canceled but what fun would that have been? So here's what I did this year while I was "playing Mabar." /wink

+Greater guild bonus+
I honestly don't know where this thing came from. I was standing near The Twelve campfire and suddenly, a "Greater guild bonus" was applied to me. The text ascended from my head, and then I got a fancy gold icon on my buff bar. The timer said 4:20, and that it paused in public areas.

+Giant's Vault+
I can complete this in about five miniutes. Not a world record, but it's still the fastest way for me to get guild renown. I only had 4:20 on the timer but with any luck I might beat my average by 40 seconds and get some much deserved favor.

As it turns out the guild bonus was four HOURS and twenty miniutes. Sometimes I get tired of Giant's Vault but last night I was still having fun when the ransacking occured.

+Dreaming Dark+
It's right next door but I didn't get much favor. Too much fun getting the Iouns I wanted Deep Red for twink Dex +6 and exceptional +1 dex skill for Open Lock, Scarlet and Blue for INT / disable device. And finaly, Pale lavender: spell absorption. Then the group fell apart so I was stuck with three unsupressed stones.

+Vision of Destruction+
I got to tank, but I guess tanking isn't really required anymore. I had Suulumades under control most of the time, but when he broke loose it wasn't a big deal as far as I could tell. Same thing with the rednamed orthons. They don't do much damage or present a unique threat. I'm glad my intimidation was high enough for hard but I missed the teamwork-or-die aspect. And I don't think that we succeeded because of battle hardened vets since I personaly rescued 6 of them that got lost while jumping past the buttons. But in the end, we won and I got that shield I wanted, the "Vengeful Protector" with a low roll of 24/100. :D

+Dreaming Dark+
Back to unsupress my three Ioun Stones.

+Subterrain+
Farmed 12 shards while waiting for a Stealer of Souls PUG to fill. I need more bags!

+Stealer of Souls+
Took three hours and three tries to shortman this quest on Elite at level. First run we disadvantaged ourselves by wasting 10 miniutes waiting for someone to grab their 3 essences and 3 gems. We ran out of time and ended up panicing into error and aggroing thirty giants a dozen air elementals. I alone survived.

Second run was faster but we failed on the ice part. I died first, I got air jetted into a stuckspot. I couldn't "/stuck" because the pummeling interrupted it. So I tried death, but then I still couldn't move and "/stuck" is not alowed when dead.

Third run was great. We sped through all four elements and finished with 17 miniutes to spare. The xp was great and for fun we tried beating Sorjek but we abandoned before he was down to 50%.

In short, I had a great time playing DDO on the first day of Maybar -- and there wasn't even any Mabar! Most things are not like that. I wouldn't enjoy cruizing down the highway at 90 MPH without a vehicle for example.

When Mabar does finaly happen, my main goal is to pimp my Cloak of Night. Currently I've got four of them. Can you guess what the problem is? My four cloaks are level: 4, 12, 20....

...and 12. :D

1 comment:

  1. well, that extra 12 will make it easier for you to pimp it!

    Sounds like somebody ran by tossing guild renown pots at people. Ooh, that'd make for an awesome artificer infusion... EVERYONE around gets your XP/renown/slayer pots! Talk about your popular guys...

    ReplyDelete