Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pit + Tempest spine = TREASURE

I've been goofing around in DDO. Each night, I log on to Orien with my Level 19 Defender of Syberis intimitank run the lowest Elite quests I've got uncomplete.

It's a fun, easy way to unwind after a day at work, and it's nice to see all the content that hasn't been available to me until now. (Durring the MotU pre-order, I bought all of the Adventure Packs.)

But then last night I fell into a group of like minded players who also wanted get Favor for all the quests they skipped over with the stone of XP. It was so fun!

We hit a long string of quests, but for me the highlights were The Pit and Tempest Spine.

I love the Pit. I love it so much that I intentionaly try not to overplay it. Until last night I've never run the Pit overlevel so that it always seems dangerous, and so that my memory has a long cooldown time to forget everything so I can relive the wonder-fear and dread-joy of my first time in the Pit. But as it turns out, playing the Pit while level 19 is really fun too! Some of us died (not me). All of us fought the Avatar of Jubliex. None of us got a muckdoom. Fun fun fun.

Then after that we ran Elite Tempest Spine raid. We went in with six people and at our worst moment everyone but me was dead, and I was running for my life chased by a pack of giants reavers and mefits, wishing that I had more mana, a few LoH, or my Unyielding Soverignty. I survived that by running through a portal, rezzing the one soul stone dragged with me, and then fighting our way back throught the portal and to the shrine.

Apparently it's a tough quest to solo since it's a raid and someone managed to get Red Dungeon Alert. But as my readers know, I love a tough fight. The only thing better than a tough fight is a tragic defeat... or so I thought until I opened the chest before the portal to the water.

+3 Greater heart of wood

Suddenly, this remedial favor grinding doesn't seem so "inefficient" after all! :D

1 comment:

  1. You can solo TS. It's darn fun. The gotchas are having enough INT for a rune to proceed, being able to kill Fire and Ice reavers before swarms nail you, having a way to open two or so locked doors, and then dispatching golems, a marut, and a beholder. Then summoning something that will tick off and distract So'jek long enough for you to solve the puzzle and add the runes, then fighting him without getting blown into the World of Warcraft. Easy! :)

    ReplyDelete