Friday, November 23, 2012

Tr4 Palidin rogue: The one man pug

I true reincarnated today.

Previous life was Daxe and shield. At the end I had reliable hate tanking and intimidate but the DPS was terrible! Damage mitigation was useless without evasion. So, partway through I picked up two rogue levels for evasion and Use magic device. That made for a very survivable yet harmless tank.

This time around I'm taking rogue for evasion and trap finding. It's not impossible for me because of all my +3 tomes.

So i kept the same name, race (Dwarf), face, alignment (lawfull good), and class (paladin). But I took rogue at level one for the bonus skill points. Korthos is much easier than I remember. I was able to elite solo it all. I compensated for the difficulty by imposing some rules for myself, no bank or buying. It took longer but I enjoyed the challenge. Loot is much better than I recollect.

Then at level 3 in the harbor I opened up the bank vault to see what I saved for myself. The only twink gear I had was a cannith crafted Daxe, mirror cloak and 70 invisibility pots. I've got more twink gear, but I like to swap at level 4, 8, 12, 16, 18, 20 to avoid too much clutter.

So far I've really enjoyed doing traps and locks. I don't have any specialty gear until I reach level 4, but so far I've had good luck. If this build doesn't work out I've got a complimentary reincarnation plus two hearts of wood. So I'm confident I can goof around and correct any mistakes as needed.

After I get some more play time I'll hit level 4 and pull out all my loot. That's gonna be great.

1 comment:

  1. I applaud on your self imposed rules. In all honesty, I'm sick of hearing people complaining about game difficulty when they don't seem to challenge themselves first.

    If people want change, they have to start with themselves, someone said.

    Happy leveling ;)

    ReplyDelete