Monday, November 19, 2012

My First time: Twist of fate

Whee! I got a twist of fate point. I've been so busy getting my money's worth out of the Stone of XP I haven't had time to pay much attention to the Twist of fate. ...until now!

Currently my Paladin has a bunch of Unyielding Sentinal Epic destiny -- it's solid stuff. More AC, more PRR, more hitpoints and aggro. But, somehow it doesn't seem to live up to the "EPIC" promise, and especialy not compared to the outstanding DPS everyone else seems to be putting out with their more graphically in-yo-face destinies.

Well anyway I unlocked a twist of fate point so now I can twist a level power... as soon as I level up another Epic destiny a bit.

From where I'm at, the easiest path is to take Radient Servant. Theres lots of good stuff but the only thing I can twist easily is a boost to healing spellpower. I wouldn't mind even more powerful self heals, so that's good enough to justify the detour. There's a button a the top of the Radient servant button that appeared now that I can make it my active destiny. Fittingly it's called "activate destiny." Overall I think this is a good system, but it seems really simple compared to all the thought that goes into making a good character.

I think it would have been better to put this easy character planning stuff at the begining of DDO, and then put some byzentine monstrosity of char op at the end game. But then perhaps there's some reason why it's good to reward Epic players with simple and elegant design?

There's only one person who would be insane enough to inject transparency and playability into Dungeons and Dragons. It could only be my nemesis -- Dr. Moriarty! Oh wait no, lemme do that over again. It can only be My nemisi -- The guys who made D&D 4th edition and their intended hipster audience!

Don't mess with me bro! I've got a $0 in my pocket and I'm not afraid to use it! Remember how 4e failed? That's all because of my $0! Yeah, so don't mess with the opaque convoltion and complexity of DDO! 

And that goes for the Pit and the Coal chamber too! I like that they're hard! (exept the elevators in Coal, those are very nice.)

/Brandishes $0

5 comments:

  1. Psssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhssssss and then you go flying and if you have FF then you get to be a punchbag for arrows :D

    I actually kind of like CC...

    Can't say much about ED and Twists because I haven't got them yet... so gratz : D! You seem happy, that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a look at all the destinies...a good look. You might wind up like me, a Pale Master that started out in Magister and could not understand why I would want to leave it. Another MyDDOer mentioned something and I thought...hmmmm. That started my trek through Fatesinger, Shadowdancer, Grandmaster of Flowers, Unyielding Sentinel all the way to Exalted Angel. I have unlocked a 10% addition to my SP poop AND 30% less damage from light spells. There are two of my twists right there. I DO plan on maxing all of them, and that is quite a trek, but it's been fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly typed "spell point poop"??!! Seriously??!!! I am way to tired to be responding to blogs right now, sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think "SP poop" should be a common DDO term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha!

    Sweet dreams. ;)

    ReplyDelete