Sunday, November 18, 2012

An auspicious harbringer

Thanks alot Turbine! My myDDO was all screwy (see two posts prior), but now it''s fixed. I totaly underestimated you guys. I did not expect so quick a turn around. Not only do I have complete myDDO functionality, you saved me the effort of submitting an official bug report. ('Cuz you fixed it before I bugged it.)

In other news I got some nice loot. From Tower of Despair shadow chest I pulled a +3 Wisdom tome, now I've got inherent +3 STR, DEX, CON, WIS, CHA and +2 INT.

Suulomades tanking went better this time. My first intimidate missed him so he went running after the casters. But I caught up to him and got his attention with "Intollerant blows" a Paladin Epic Destiny that gives +1000% hate for twelve seconds (and here's the cute part) with a twelve second cooldown! I put that on my main toolbar and it's really nice to have the remaining durration on the toolbar where I can see it (and not in the mess of icons squished into the upper margin). Of course, afterwards I realized that I forgot to switch into my Epic tanking stance (stand against the tide) so I guess it's good that I've got so much extra aggro.

And from VoN3 I got a half dozen Potions of Barkskin (+5) durration 12 miniutes ML 1. I was agog because for the longest time the entire reason people would invite my Ranger into groups was because my +5 barkskin spell was superior to quaffing a weaksauce +3 barkskin potion.

And lastly, the end is nigh! I cashed in my Epic! token shards. Now I can afford a TR. So what now? I want to do more endgame, I want to start my 3rd Paladin life, I want to unlock Favored Soul.... I don't see any clear stopping point, but there are so many goals in easy reach I think it will be a while before I return to Korthos.

Tennitively, I'm going to not TR until I can unlock all of my Epic Destiny (paladin).

How do you know when it's time to TR?

2 comments:

  1. I tend to skip ToD entries as I wouldn't like the storyline spoiled but seems you had a good time there so yay : D

    Regarding TR, if you haven't, check this post: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=355152

    See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be nice to get some reation from Turbine. My MyDDO account has been 'hacked' by someone there (supposedly I elected to remove my content, ALL WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE), and I have sent in multiple bug reports with little or no response. Heck, all I really need is to be able to upload my content again, and I will be back in business.

    ReplyDelete