Saturday, November 17, 2012

Admire my bag

The Auction House is trouble for me. I place a bid, I wait for a few hours and then at the last possible second some ninja ninjas my item! But last night the stars aligned and I had a nice shopping experience. I bid on an auction with 4 hours to go. And this morning when I logged in, I was elated to find my prize waiting for me at the mailbox.

(Yes, my fellow parents, the prime source of joy in this story is that I was sleeping for 4+ hours! :D )

I won a Large (red) Collectables Bag. I know, from reading the description that it holds 80 kinds of items in stacks of up to 1000, but I didn't know how much of an improvement that would be over the four sub-large collectables bags I have in my inventory up until now.

So, one by one I emptied out four of my little bags (a medium, a small and two tinys) and put the empty bags in my bank. Then I clicked the gather all button and to my delight, all of those collectables fit. It was only half full.

But wait, there's more!

DDO is currently holding a sale on the extra character bank slots (that's the best kind of extra slots because it's cheaper than the account wide upgrade.) I bought that for less than 500 TP, and offloaded my extra treasures into the bank.

It's so nice to have the added bankspace, but there was a final surprise. Gianthold stuff (giant boots, elvish relics etc... now fit into the green ingredient bags instead of the red collectable bags. After I got that sorted I had 37 free inventory slots!

I don't know why I didn't upgrade sooner. (Oh right, I was waiting for a sale) Anyway, this inventory solution has really breathed new life into my character, I can't wait to fill up the space with useful tools, or perhaps just leave it open so I can "Loot All" more and run back to the vendors less.

The only downside in all this is an embarassment of riches. I've currently got 145 of 150 planar shards required for yet another large bag of my choice (Ingredient, Collectables or Gem) and honestly I don't think I need any at the moment! I planned to get two large (red) collectables bags but I was totaly surprised that one large bag is more than twice the equal of the other four bags. Still, too much storage is a nice problem to have in DDO. :D

3 comments:

  1. I keep 2 large collectible bags in the shared bank, to collect 2 types of stuff: event collectible types, and random stuff collected.
    1 small bag on every character, so whenever one of them has 30 or more collectibles, i empty the bag and fill the other 2 larges, saving space.
    If they get too full, i redeem, thus earning thousands of items at a time (mostly arrows, but in bulk they are a profit), instead of one item here, 2 items there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know how you felt, I usually have inventory space issues and those collectibles can by annoying to organize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An important part of my TP points have indeed been used for bags.
    As for the parenting role I am sadly rolling 1's and they get to be inflicted with a disease status.

    ReplyDelete