Monday, June 11, 2012

No one expects the Stone of Xp!

I intended to level my Paladin to 20 for Menace of the Underdark. My plans were based on normal experience gathering but I didn't expecte a sort of Stone of Experience! Ahem. I didn't EXPECT a sort of STONE-OF-EXPERIENCE!

Well, while I wait for them, let's talk about my build. Dwarf Paladin 19 Defender of Siberys III with Two Weapon Fighting, maximized empowered Cure Serious Wounds and UMD. Lots of fun, but not really working right. So, item by item:

DWARF. My prefered race. I'll switch when I TR into a sorc, but otherwise I'm happy as a Dwarf.

PALADIN 20. I heard so many good things about DMIV (Divine Might four) and the capstone I thought it would be fun to have a pure Paly for the MotU. But now that I've got a stone in my pocket I am planning on TRing very soon so I can rush back up to level 20 in time to enjoy the expansion pack. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't put DMIV or the Pally capstone on my list of goals.

DEFENDER OF SIBERYS III
Nice! I've got over 500 HP naturaly, and with the DoS bonus the total is 698 HP. The bonuses about shields is wasted on my TWF Pally but the increased maximum dex bonus on armor is useful since GTWF needs 17 Dex before other bonuses. I also enjoy the Glorious Stand clicky. It only lasts 30 seconds and the cooldown takes forever, but it's great as a panic button. Of course, I say the same thing about my house C jet boots.

TWF. I have two weapon fighting because I have two LIT II Dwarf Axes and some other TWF weapons.

MAXIMIZED EMPOWERED CSW
I love it. I had max CSW on my ranger first life and it's great to be able to quickly heal someone for 250 HP. Usualy that someone is me, but occasionaly the healer is about to die or someone is unconcious, or the tank is not properly cared for. Whatever the reason it's nice to have. And the bonus spell points from my Con Opp greensteel helm is usualy sufficient.

UMD. I've put max ranks into it and wear some +cha skill stuff. I use UMD for scrolls of feather falling, and also for a fully upgraded eternal wand of light I got from Mabar. Neither is essential though and so although I might try UMD on a later character, I won't do it this way again. (current score is, IIRC, 9 skill + 4 cha + 5 ConOpp = 18 UMD?)

So looking forward, I'm not sure what I'll do. I've only got the free classes (plus Druid) but I can't take Druid next life (because Druid levels are incompatable with the Stone of Xp.) I can see going one of two ways: TWF Pure paladin or TWF Paladin with a splash or Shield and Dwarf Axe pure Paladin. So three ways.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Rogue 2 / Paladin 18 because I'd like another chance to play with UMD and Open Lock when it's a non-essential part of my class.

Oh, and since this will be my third life (second TR) I'll have the full 36 build points available. Currently all my stats have +2 except for Str and Con (+3/+3).

Oh well, no time to plan for it, too busy playing DDO. :)
2)

No comments:

Post a Comment