Friday, June 15, 2012

Cannot plan -- Too much good stuff!

I can't stick to a plan with all these sales and bonuses bursting around my head like fireworks. Somehow, Turbine talked me into buying everything they're selling. I've got all the classes, all the adventure packs and I even bought a bunch of expansion pack stuff they haven't released yet! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my purchases. But I'm happy in an analysis-paralysis way.

So here's the options I'm weighing.

* I could take my main (Dwarf Paladin) into the endgame. It's new, it's fun it's an easy way to snag a Divine Epic Destiny. I will use my Stone of XP on my level 7 Cleric so she can skip levels 8-15 and fufill the destiny I created her for:  to be a shroud-mat farmer. 

 * TR into another Paladin. I will enjoy re-doing some of the screwy build choices on my current main and squeeze the maximum amount of XP from the Stone. Then I'll go into the X-pack and snag a Divine Epic Desiny. My first life I stockpiled enough Epic! dungeon tokens for an emergency TR, should the need arise. TRing now so I can use the Stone of XP before it expires qualifies as just such an emergency.

 *TR into Monk. Monks are on sale now for 50% off, I bought access so I might as well enjoy it. I don't know how to build monks and supposedly they're DOOMED in the new updates. But if all goes well, it might be really fun to have a Monk in the endgame content. (Edit: I already have some monk gear: Icy Raiment that I loved to death on my first life Tempest Ranger, and the devotion handwraps everyone always talks about.)

*TR into a Barbaran. I don't like playing Barbarians so this Stone of XP is my big chance to skip the grind from 8-16. This could also be handy since I often play while rocking a baby to sleep with one hand and barbarians require Less two fisted buttonmashing per second than Monks and Paladins. And by the time I'm ready to level again, the dust will have settled on the new enhancments and I'll be able to plan class I'm more invested in.

*Stall for time. I could stay at 20 for a while and finish farming all the Adventure Packs I bought, unlocking the Favored Soul, Artificer and first time Server Favor TP bonuses. While I like the idea of unlocking those classes and having the extra TP for the next bargain hunting crisis, I don't particularly enjoy content that I've leveled past. I'd rather struggle through at or slightly below level. On the down side, that means I'll wait three lives to run through all the content I bought.

*Favor bonuses on all servers. Since I enjoy server bonuses way more than korthos 100-favor dashes, I could take a break from my main and grind out some server favor bonuses that are oh-so tantalizingly easy to reach with all the content I bought.

So really the only thing I've decided is that I'm NOT going to roll a Druid, since those hombres can't benefit from the Stone of XP. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment