Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My First Time: Dreaming Dark

So a few weeks back I took advantage on the spectacular MotU pre-order and I got so many points, I bought all the adventure packs. It's amazing how DDO was my favorite video game, even when I have played less than half of it!

Anyway, the Dreaming Dark. I really liked this adventure pack. The scenery is great and the end-quest is a surreal dreamscape. If you liked the quest Prisoner of the Mind (aka EvoN2) you'll love the Dreaming Dark.

I love prisoner of the mind, on epic it used to be my favorite DDO gameplay experience. Now that it's been updated I don't enjoy it as much though.

Just in case someone is reading this and wondering if they should buy it, I've got two answers. Yes and No.

I say, yes because it's a really fun quest, but no because there is very little loot. Perhaps theres something for other classes, but all I'm looking forward to is farming some twink gear: a STR 6 X-STR +1 ioun stone trinket with minimum level 5. That seems like it will be lots of fun at low levels. Other options are +6 +1 Wisdom (so I don't have to continualy recast that dang Owl Wisdom spell while I wait for ML gear to catch up). Of course if I can get the spell absorption 50 charges, that would be the coolest of all. I've got my fingers crossed but I want to TR quickly so I can get my Stone of XP before it's gone forever.

The other thing is that I'm having a really hard time finding groups that want to run Dreaming Dark. Not enough XP per miniute, or loot incentives or something.

There's also a solo quest "Raiding the Giant's Vault." Its really great scenery, easy to complete quickly, and doesn't have any deadly fights (so I can go afk for my toddler w/o having to hide). For now it's my goto quest for when there's not enough time to do a real quest. And I like it more than slayers or house C crafting.

3 comments:

  1. :) I'm stuck working my way up with Thaz. I'm doing all (or as many as I can) quests elite for max favor and have been going through them in more or less order. I'm missing the Reign of madness final, and then I'm gonna start doing Reaver's Reach. But for some strange reason, lately when I log on with Thaz I end up either running raids or epics :D lol (well that's mostly because getting a guide and a group together for the quests I want to run = waiting. I'd rather jump on someone else's lfm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dreaming dark and run it regularly for the 3 time completions. My main is a light monk though and the antistun finisher goes a long long way to make the boss fight easier. Just try putting up an lfm for it, when I have a lot of people joined saying "Wow, I love this quest and never see a lfm for it...! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ion stone doesn't come with the stats/you must craft it/to bring out the hidden power... essences/disks... ddowiki

    This was the hardest for my full plated pally to get through/the gravity and jumps took lots of patience. In the end we almost got em, but he took us out/perhaps our next run will be better...

    The leader told us for a first run it was not too bad/pat on the back... soon we will rule the dark/smile...

    Being VIP, there are no zones I don't hunt/all are worth the cost. If you divide the $99 fee for a year by 12 months of fun/you can not get that kind of entertainment anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete