Saturday, June 30, 2012

Slotting Devotion on my Paladin

I aplaud the U14 nerfing of spell boost clickies. They were a crutch, an easy button, they had to go. DDO is better without them.

That said, it's royal pain for me because spell boost clickies were MY crutch! In particular I counted on Superior Ardor IV for a free 75% boost to all of my healing spells on my past life Ranger and present life Paladin for self-healing.

And so, bereft of my beloved Superior Ardor IV clickies, I did what any self-healer did: I progressed through the seven stages of grief. The first four stages are too deeply personal to blog about without violating the my.ddo ToS so lets pick up after the fifth stage: grinding and vendoring Ardor clickies.

The sixth stage, brainstorming without considering the consequences, was totaly fun. I came up with all kinds of manic fantasies like "Hey, what if I have a two handed staff with a sweet healing bonus that I switch to whenever I want to toss a CSW?" or "What would be realy cool is if I flaunted my ddo wealth by crafting a ToD ring with an incredible potential  Devotion VIII." or "I'll just run Prey the Hunter in my free time until I pull a Soverign Devotion rune."

But now I'm on the seventh stage of grieving about Ardor clickies, dealing with it. The reality is I don't want to make the time to run Prey the Hunter. and I've only got a single spare ToD ring (Morah's Band / Acrobat set) and I don't want to replace my other ring/belt set (Encrusted / Frenzied Berserker) I could see replacing my Kilau's band since the 1d4 slashing is useless on anything with DR. That would free up the neck for... something? I could put my Heavy Fort necklace there and then switch to my non-Heavy Fort Dragon Touched armor.

Pro: Gain healing spellpower +70%, frees up an eldrich rune on the DT.
Con: -1d4 slashing damage, -2 Ex Con
Meh: Swap +1 exceptional Wis for Dex

It's ok, but without knowing what my goal for this character is (Farm 20 completions on raids? Party in FR? TR quickly before the Stone 'o XP evaporates?) I'm lothe to pull the trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment