Tuesday, June 26, 2012

MotU

Logged in today with very little time.

Spent several miniutes admiring the new UI and reading all the UI customization options. The only surprise is that the focus orb can be set to disappear when it's not selecting anything. I tried it for laughs but fell in love with it. It's so helpful to have the whole orb flicker on target aquire. I love how the UI blends in with dark dungeon environments. 

Didn't have much time so I joined an epic ADQ. Running through sands with the map exposed is a treat. I didn't even know I had done explorers on this life.

In Zwabi's Revenge, we laughed at a rednamed kobold that showed up amongst the Djini. No idea what he was doing there. Reminded me of that poor wight that used to be on the ramp in The Pit.

At the end we grumbled about the unclickable raid token but I was lucky enough to get a real one in the Epic Chest. There was one bit of shard I hadn't heard of / didn't want. The end that rewards the Djini was handing out were all ml 22, way more than lil ol, level 20 me. Didn't see anything I needed so I grabbed deathblock of something. Deathblock deconstructs so nicely.

After that I wandered into Beyond the Rift on casual. For fun, I jumped into the rift. I was surprised to meet Elminster. Never realy got into FR, so I don't know anything about him except that he belongs to the set of punchlines to D&D jokes about being overpowered.

Seems like a nice guy though. I felt bad for him, his audio is buggy (too quiet, even after turning it up it reverts to too quiet) and he's stuck in the Demonweb.

On the downside, he has an odd way of saying "ye." I'm not against saying 'ye.' That's how my God talks too, but Elminster puts so much emphasis on 'ye.' It sounds like he's making fun of ren faire folk. He punches each and every "*YE*" like a pirate who happens upon his first ARR in a long sentence.

Then I ran in and fought some dretch, I was on one of the casual settings and it seemed like an easy fight. Then I had to quit for the day. Some of my daughters are celebrating their birthdays tomorrow (6yo and 1yo) so there's alot of last miniute prep.

If it were up to me I'd just buy them a stack of donuts, a hat full of tokens and drive them down to the localChuck E Cheeze arcade. More fun for them and cheaper for me. But my wife wants to show off her vegan cake recipies and have something classy for the soiree section of the blog, and so my DDO time is gonna be subsumed by hanging garlands and assembling pony decorations. Ah well, at least I have a few days off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment