Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pre-order review: Spider mask (non elite)

News to me: the spider mask can be worn on top of my regular helmet. My main wears a GS ConOp (Green Steel Concordant Oposition, it regenerates mana and hp) it's essential to my self healing paladin (and in previous life, ranger). The GS con op helmet powered healing is so handy, I've planned all previous present and future TRs around it.

So... When I bought the pre-order I didn't know i could wear it with the helm. Imagine my surprise! Not only does the skill boni to cha skills stack, I can also have the appearance of the spider helm instead of the Alien visage of the GS helm.

So far, I'm not only satisfied but also pleasantly surprised with the MotU mask.

2 comments:

  1. Something to keep in mind is that you can only wear one type of these cosmetic items on your headgear. For instance I have this same mask on all my toons but on my monk (ninja build) I wanted the Ninja Mask and purchased one off the DDO Store...was a little disappointed in that when I would put that on the Spider Mask would be removed and I would loose the Skills bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, you can't wear the mask and show the helmet, which annoys me - most of my characters have pirate hats, which I like the look of (mainly the Captain's Chapeau. That feather is just dashing!), and several of them switch hats (like my ranger's WIS hat, and then I switch to his fort pirate hat after buffing) and I rely on the visual cue to remind me.

    You can toggle the mask on/off and retain the skills; you can toggle goggles on/off and retain the skills; but you can't toggle the hat and retain the skills.

    (My mechanic who looks good in goggles and my barb whose hat I dislike, as well as my FvS whose hair I wanna show 'cause I think it's a nifty color, are all fine. But not my ranger, monk, or bard... and guess who I mostly play? lol)

    ReplyDelete