Saturday, January 28, 2012

Why F2P Rock Boots (min level 4) are better than they look

I understimated you Homer J. Simpson. You're smarter than you look, or sound or our best testing indicates. - M. Burns.

I've learned to love my Rock Boots (level 4). At first I turned up my nose at them since their save is so very low (Fort 17), but then I got a Reflecting Shield from House L with the same effect and it changed my mind.

The great thing about the Reflecting Shield and the Rock Boots is that they have a 100% proc rate. The guard goes off EVERYTIME I get hit, although of course with such a low proc rate there's only a 5% chance of actualy doing the stone guard prison for real.

But even so, 5% is good for such a useful debuff. A petrified mob is out of the fight for quite a while. I can safely ignore him until the end of the skirmish. I especialy appreciate the boots when I'm entirely surrounded and can't jump free -- the Stone Prison Guard is handy in evening the odds so I can switch from self-healing to offense.

I used to wear 30% striders, but I've found that the expiditious retreat scrolls are just as fast as boots, and they're cheap and last a full miniute.

And last of all, I like the level 4 Rock Boots because they're an easy choice for my next TR from levels four to sixteen (when I get my next pair of Rock Boots).

No comments:

Post a Comment