Sunday, January 29, 2012

My first time: Extraplanar mansion -- The Dragon's Horde!

I really like this quest. In fact, I've a confession to make: despite the title of this post I've actualy run EpM:tDH four times already and collected nearly a thousand ingredients.

It's fun to organize the kobolds, and there's enough fighting to make that feel fun too. I've only run The Dragon's Horde! on my Main, a 1TR paladin that's dripping with Greensteel, Raidloot and spouting self-healing. With that setup this challenge is both fun and no-fail.

But, I'm a little miffed that no matter what I do I always get the same score 225 ingredients. I've tried soloing it, dealing with the extra difficulty of brining a hireling, gathering the nearest crystals, killing the dragon and taking his stuff, and leading the Kobolds into a dead end, and even soloing a higher level (where the 10% bonus exactly broke even with the added difficulty of keeping the kobolds focused on their work instead of selfishly running for their lives).

I like it but I feel like there's no way to really do better which makes me feel like I'm not as much a part of the quest as I should be. The Dragon's Horde is a mediocracytocracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment