Sunday, January 8, 2012

TR: Level 13 Subterrane loot

My most important Subterrane loot is my large bags. I don't know what I'd do with out them and I've enjoyed having them since before I TRed. But this post is about someting else. Sub Raid loot!

I had so much fun equpping my GS, I couldn't wait to equip more TR gear. I broke my promise to at least farm all the favor and now I'm level 13 with a bunch of incomplete mid level quests. Finding a group that is ok with the XP penalty isn't gonna be easy.

But it was worth it. Now I've got Tharnes Goggles for true seeing and sneak attack. It's been avery long time since I didn't have these sweet goggles, but I remember the twin frustrations fighting displaced mobs and begging for True Seeing. The Sneak attack also gives a +5 to hit and +8 damage against anything I don't have aggro on.

Levik's bracers don't look like much, +6 strength and some healing amp, but that healing amp doesn't just add up, it multiplies. So it's a big deal for someone who gets hit alot and has the ability to heal.

Finaly, Mabar Cloak of Night level 12. I was so excited to level up, I didn't even equip it until I was 13, so I'm including it in this post. Personaly I love the level 12 cloak of night because it has undispellable deathblock -- perfect for those pesky Beholders!

Speaking of which, my first level 13 quest was Invaders! a many beholdered quest if ever there was one!

In my last post I talked about my DDO twin. But in Invaders I met my DDO nemesis -- the Dwarven Paladin Viability Atheist! (DPVA)

Blech! What a slimy guy. But lucky for me, three very fortunate things happened. 1) I ignored him and watched Anime. 2) The rest of the PUG called him on it. 3) I was penultimate on the kill count and didn't die. Not that, the cold shoulder, sound advice or demonstrative facts ever swayed a Dwarven Paladin Viability Atheist, but in the absence of comeuppance their belecose blather compounds endlessly.

But enough about Mr. DPVA. What I wanted to talk about was that I noticed in my previous life that I was basicaly invulnerable to beholders. So I wanted to know if I could get the Invaders Beholders to slay me. It was thrilling at first, but then the answer came back a resounding NO! These beholders can't kill me for some reason. Last time I was running through here at level I was terrified of beholders. I was ok if I could manyshot them, or extend cast at them outside of the range of their terrifying spell like abilities, but now they're harmless! Anyway, it's a laugh and it makes me want to stick with the Hunter of the Dead line for a bit longer.

1 comment:

  1. I've met a few like that myself. Most are "wrong" ranging from "amusingly" to "Dead". I'm more apt to quest a dwarf with dual dorf axes(Ye God's th things you give up.), but that's another can of worms.

    Anyway, Next time you oughta just come right out and tell him, "We're the master Race. The only reason dwarves haven't conquered the world..

    Is because all the shiny things are below it."

    ReplyDelete