Monday, January 16, 2012

First time: Behind closed doors / Rushmore's mansion

I know this is old news for everyone else but the Vault of the Artificers challenges are new to me. Turbine released the Vaults when I was leveling my TR. Since the lowest level Vault of the Artificer challenge is level 4, I just horded tokens and waited for that glorious day when I would join a PUG and experience the new and improved excitement of the Crystal coves. (No sarcasm, I really enjoyed it!)

But now my main is TR1 level 13, there's an official thread about the Challenges, and it's high time for me to start. I don't really want any of the loot yet, so I decided to just try to start with the lowest level quests, starting with Rushmore's mansion: Behind closed doors.

I've been skunked twice when I specificaly went out of my way to explore wierd spots, but otherwise I get one or two stars and now I've got over 400 coins. That's enough to get anything that requires coins, so I'll move on now.

I had a fun, but confusing time. I'm not sure why some of the doors give bonus time and others don't. I don't understand why the Air Elementals are tougher than everything else in the extradimensional house. I don't know how to get around or keep it streight in my head.

But I like the music, love the archetecture and look forward to running challenges with other people. (No one wants to pug!)

Last night I had my best run. I terminated the thief and the succubus earning two stars, and I had plans to take out the bruiser when my 5 yo daughter came and tapped me on the shoulder. She said she had a nightmare that the Internet stopped working. Kids today huh?

But anyway, even though I like it, I'm not really excited to play it more. It might be fun as a group, but I don't know where I'm gonna get the people for it.

3 comments:

  1. Did you solo Rushmore?

    If so, I'd be interested in hearing any tips you might have. I've tried it on a number of occasions and failed every time - still managed to pick up a few bits and pieces from breakables, but I'd like to actually complete it - if it's possible!

    Regards,

    D1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. Just having re-read your post (with my brain on this time) - I've realised my opening question is hugely redundant. Of course you soloed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lowest hanging fruit is Sneaky Sam the assassin. I reached my personal goal of 400+ coins by blazing a trail of destruction to his hut via the back door. I destroying everything to maximize seals and take the back door because it costs fewer seals.

    As an added bonus, if things go really well I can always head north to the sucubus for easy points.

    ReplyDelete