Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm with the firing squad.

Well twice in a row I've been invited to fill the last spot in a an all ranged Pug. We wade into combat and I hear the clinking of crossbows, the whistling of arrows, the spurting of the flame turret, the purple mountain majesty of the force bolts and then, if I'm lucky, I'm zerging fast enough to dive into our firewall and kill-steal one of the walking wounded.

First up we did Gwylan's Stand. I was useful there because I had 50 HP more than the traps could do so I was able to sabotage some hard to reach crates. But then on Stormcleave outpost I was almost entirely useless against the mobs. Sure, I hammered a few wolves to death but for the most part the mobs ignored me except for when my intimidate worked.

Oh, and there was one spot where only the Arcane Archer Ranger and I were able to survive the traps. We were standing on a ramp and got hit with several blinding sleets. I chugged haste pots and tried to chase down the jerk that cast it, but I couldn't make any headway on a slope. Meanwhile the archer was just calmly plinking away with his bow. Gah!

So anyway, it looks like this is how it's gonna be for the next couple of levels. If anyone needs me, I'll be with the firing squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment