Friday, December 2, 2011

TR: Gearing a Failadin

Today I made the transition from easy lowby quests to the cool quests with a splat.

I ran Haywire's Foundry on Elite on my level 10 Paladin. I couldn't hit anything, but boy could they hit me!

But since I was failing so spectacularly, I took a long hard look at my gear. I've been so excited about Greensteel and Subterrane raid loot I haven't bothered to upgrade or replace the stuff I crafted 3 levels ago.

So anyway, I currently have four weapon sets. I use my skeleton beaters on almost everything since the Holy does 2d6 to anything evil, I use a set of Muckdoom & Muckbane for slimes and rusties, Dwarven thrower for marksmanship and foreverything else there's force damage from my Antique Greataxe.

So, you can see how all those warforged and construct dogs were virtualy 100% me-proof. Lucky for me I found that I had pulled a clay gollum beater out of my TR bank. It's a nightforged Warhammer, +5 adamantine and perfect for the quest. I tried pairing it with a skelleton beater, but I got more benefit from using a shield. Trading a to-hit penalty for a bit of AC was nice. I even managed to pull aggro on some of the warforged, including the boss.

But mostly I just drank heal pots and wand whipped. I went through 80 CSW pots and 160 CSW wand charges. At the end of the quest I was totaly out of everything. No lay on hands, no unyielding soverenty, no cure pots, no cure wands, no mana.... nothing! And then I on the escape run I grabbed a soulstone out of a trap and got slain by the trap myself.

Oh how I want my Greensteel and raidloot!

No comments:

Post a Comment