Saturday, November 26, 2011

TR: first non-Epic! carnival

So, now that I've TRed, I get to see what the Carnival looks like to everyone else. It's fun but I miss the Epic! way of doing Big Top (Haste! Jump! Invisibility! GO!)

[Note: the rest of my post was lost in the internet so I'm rewriting it from memory here]

I planned to run Carnival for the bravery bonus, but I leveled up so quickly, and found groups for house P so slowly, that I missed that opportunity. Instead I've been wondering, should I run it now for favor (and free Turbine Points rewards) or should I just run it on Epic! difficulty?

And then, I saw an adorable  request for a PUG: I haz gest pass! hrry plz! So then of course I had to go and help them each get an Antique Great Axe. It was great fun, although they would have given up if not for my horse-whisperer style encouragement. "No thanks, I've already got one! <swish swish>" and "It's virtualy guarenteed to drop every 20th run." 

The quests in the Phiarlan Carnival are nearly identical. They have very different scenery but all four of them are heavily scripted, with lots of diologue and fancy-pants roleplaying stuff. I'm a fan of real life roleplaying, but I come to DDO for the great looking dungeons and the combat. I was dissapointed that none of the quests had an honest to goodness dungeon to fight in.

But even so, I had fun and enjoyed the jokes and won a suit of the ugliest plate mail ever. And the noobs? They got their axes before their guest passes wore out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment