Monday, February 8, 2010

My first time: *THE PIT*

I heard THE PIT is an impossibly difficult cluster-flumph of a dungeon -- the sort of thing that only inmates running an asylum would cook up.
And yeah, I died twice. Both times it was an impossibly long fall into a deep chasm. (I don't know if I've mentioned it on this blog but DDO has the best use of vertical spaces ever. Try diving to the base of the water tower in the third part of STK and tell me that isn't creepy!) Anyway, I died twice by falling the farthest I've ever fallen in any game AND landing in hot lava AND ALSO huge oozes.
But both times I got rescued, and I was able to help out by charming the super-trogs and casting feather fall and detect door at opportune moments.
Anyway, I had a blast. I'm definitely looking forward to running THE PIT again. And this time I'm not leaving without my MuckDOOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment