Saturday, January 30, 2010

Twinking level one

Although I was excited to play my new Bard, I was not so excited about running the Korthos stuff again -- especialy since I just finished running it the previous bard. So I twinked.

It was really easy actualy. I logged in with Fietor (Cleric 7) bought stuff from the auction house and mailed it to Darkbad. I sent myself a +2 sword, a flame something robe and a mithral shield (no arcane failure)! As it turns out the sword and shield are level two, so in my first solo quest I was stuck fighting empty handed. It was slow going and I would have lost except for the twink robe. As it turns out, it wasn't flame resistance, it was a flame counter-attack. Whenever anyone hits me, they get counter-attacked for 1d4 fire damage. All I had to do was take out the casters and then let the melees kick against the goad. Well that and not run out of HP. Luckily, I took Cure Light Wounds as my first spell so it was easy enough to survive the Collaborator. Partway through I pulled a dagger from a treasure chest and equiped it. No noticable change in damage.

 

 

But, now that the quest is done I'll have a Monsterous humanoid bane sword to play with. I know that for the first couple of levels the mobs get cleared so quickly it doesn't make sense to use my song on them. But I'm really looking forward to putting Fascinate on those troll and bugbear armies in Redwillow's ruins.

No comments:

Post a Comment