Saturday, January 30, 2010

CharGen: Darkbad

Darkbad is my first real attempt at Bard. I gave him a 20 Charisma since CHA is a Bard's only casting statistic. I gave him an Intelligence of 14 so he can have more skills and a chance at unlocking those INT runes that no one in my pickup groups can ever seem to pry open. The rest goes into Constitution so he can survive combat.

For skills (8=6+2) I'm maxing out Perform, Concentration, Diplomacy, Haggle, Use magic device, Sneak, Move silently and using the rest (1 pt per level) to grab some jump, spot, ballance and tumble.

2 comments:

  1. In later levels people really want War chanters. To get war chanter you need power attack feat and that means a str of 13.

    Charisma effects the dc of spells and songs but other then that it doesn't help much with Sp. So unless you are making a 100% CC / hagglebot bard the build will leave you wanting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Darkvirus.
    I want Crowd Controll but I also want to qualify for Warchanter since that extra dmg boost is so popular with the PUGs. I'll reroll the bard to meet the minimum requirements: Str 13, Power attack, and one of Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons, Weapon Focus: Bludgeoning Weapons, Weapon Focus: Piercing Weapons. That's a minimum of two feats and 5 build points. Not too bad, but I'll probably have to reduce INT.

    Edit: Although now that I'm looking at it, I'm not sure why warchanters are so hot. 5 build points and two feats for +2 damage? Is that all there is? Warchanter is a good choice for a Melee bard since they're gonna get the pre-reqs anyway.

    ReplyDelete