Monday, April 1, 2013

That which is eternal offline is not dead...

Like Chthulu, I spring from my watery offlineness and devour 1d4 investigators!

I've got my computer back, my game back and MyDDO back. So how was it back in game?

Session 1: I was holding my little 10 month old and rocking her to sleep while onehandgaming. I did it successfully with my other three kids but my youngest is more rambunctious.

My first quest after my extended absence was that house K quest with the fire caves. It used to be a really tough quest, but now that I'm geared up (and have access to 30 fire resistance from the guild airship) it's really a cakewalk. And to make it even easier, I arrived late. So I ran through the entrance took a right, jumped over the lava...

...and my daughter kicked my mouse arm. My dwarf spun like a top, landed in the lava, and got hit with a fire trap. I was like "right click, G1, G9! G9! G9!" and DDO was like "DING!"

Luckily, someone else managed to drag me out of the lava and rez me. Then I tagged along and finished the quest.

Later on, I put the baby to bed. I got my nice chair, my quality earphones (which look yummy to a teething baby) and turned down the lights. Man, this is such a good game! The sounds are so full, the action is so engaging. I enjoy other games too but DDO is really outstanding.

Re: MyDDO. I'm sad to hear that MyDDO is going away. Writing about my experiences here has been a really fun part of the enjoyment cycle of playing DDO. I've enjoyed it so much I'm going to try to start up a new blog and salvage as much of my content as I can. I've enjoyed your comments here and look forward to seeing more in the internet!

Neener neener: I won a Chronicles comment Turbine Code!

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to keep up with other MyDDO ex-pats. One contributor's got a RSS feed going to give several separate blogs some unity. We enjoy your posts, so keep on sharing them, elsewhere if not here.

    ReplyDelete