Saturday, May 14, 2011

I am SO SORRY!

Or wherein I totaly noob up Epic VoN6.

It's my first time so the leader of the PuG sets out a bunch of ground rules. Me and the other evasion guys are going to prep the fire base. No problem, I've done this many times before on lesser difficulties. We zone in and buff. Our leader shouts "EVERYONE go to the firebase and take down the Djin!"

This was new to me a Djin? Really? But Every but everyone ran to fire base like it was part of the plan. When we got there the bard cast facinate on the fire elementals. Suddenly, the fire elementals were NOT facinated and they started spewing fire everywhere and people started dying -- FAST!

Now normaly when someone dies I use my pos/pos greensteel to give them a raise dead. But there's so much fire and death going on I decide to the real healers cast True Res so the poor sponges have a chance to survive.

Things go badly, and it looks to me like it's gonna be a TPK, I fail an evasion save and see for the first time how Epic! this firestorm is. 300 HP gone in one shot, leaving me a mere 200 HP away from death.

By this time there's only four survivors and the field is littered with soul stones. The monk was almost dead and the healers were fighting a losing battle to get everyone alive again.

I got hit again, and had to self heal. Now I realize that I can't keep this up forever. I panic, I gotta do something NOW, but what?

I try to remember the plan. The bard will facinate the elementals. Don't hit them. Take down the Djin.

Aha! That's it! The other melee guy is running away from the Djin but I've got my full healthbar back. I toss him some heals but he's still too scared to finish our mission -- take down the Djin!

It's up to me! Only I can save the raid! With my lightning dwarf axe raised in defiance I charge and deftly destroy the devilish djin!

But even after it's dead the fire elementals are still unfacinated and too dangerous for me to hang out with. So I kill them too, or at least die trying.

In retrospect, it was the fault of that other guy for using a shield and dwarf axe and de-facinating all the fire elementals in the first place.

But even so, I should have known better. I should have kept the golden rules of DDO. Don't touch it, don't open it, don't kill it unless you know what you're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment