Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lord March quests

The new f2p quests are great. I'm especialy impressed by how each quest is it's own mini-adventure that transitions from scene to scene. Some of the older quests are very mono-thematic, you go into the trog dungeon and you find an entire dungeon of trogs. But these new quests move around alot. They're still based around a theme but theres more transition. For example, the quest Frame Work is about infiltrating a castle, but theres the surrounding countryside, sneaking into the castle, and the big boss fight. Each one is clearly distinguished by the scenery and style of gameplay. Bravo Turbine!

Also of note, I think Turbine has a new engine under the hood that allows them to have more combatants. I really enjoyed having crowds of enemies to fight. Usualy mobs of that magnitude don't happen unless I've got DA. It was cooll to have DDO drop twenty wolves on me like it was no big deal.

Supposedly, the next part of this quest is premium content, so the f2p is part of an eeeevil plan to advertise and earn money. I say bring it on! I like what I see in this 'freeview.'

No comments:

Post a Comment